Beautiful, just like its name! a rare combination of spiced curds and coconut milk makes komal a spicy yet cooling drink. Although the green chillies represent the key flavour of this drink, discarding them before serving ensures that the slivers of chilli do not hinder the drinker. tempering is a very essential
- 1 cup curd- whisked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 2 green chillies , slit green chillies
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 spoon
- 1/2 spoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- curry leaves 2 or 3
- Combine the curds, coconut milk, coriander, green chillies and sugar along with1 1½ cups of water in a bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the drink.
- Remove the green chillies and discard them before serving.
- Serve immediately.
- Pour into glasses and serve.