Methi gota is famous Gujarati snack mostly in their parties or get together.
It is very enjoyable during monsoon season with green chutney and tea.
It is made with besan, fresh methi leaves and spices.
- Besan 1 cup
- Besan course ¼ cup
- Ajwain seeds ¼ spoon
- Red chilli powder ½ spoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ spoon
- Salt As required
- Sugar 1 spoon
- Water As required
- Coriander leaves ¼ cup (chopped)
- In bowl mix besan, besan coarse, ajwain seeds, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, sugar, Add water as needed and prepare batter.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves, methi leaves and green chilli and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In pan take 2 Tbsp oil and heat it up. Then Sprinkle eno on batter and pour lemon juice on it. Immediately pour hot oil on this and whisk it properly. (instead you can use baking powder ½ spoon)
- Heat the oil in a kadai on medium heat for deep frying.
- Once oil is hot enough drop small balls in the oil using your hand or with help of spoons. Deep-fry a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Remove them on paper towel.
- Have it with green chutney and tea