- Rice flour : 2 cups
- Thin coconut milk : 3 cups
- Thick coconut milk : 2 cups
- Water : 2 cups
- Jaggery : 2 cups
- Ghee : 1/2 cup.
- Boil 2 cups of water and add the jaggery. Wait until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Filter the jaggery syrup for removing the dirt from the jaggery.
Wait for the syrup completely cool down.
- In a kadai /pan add the coconut milk and dilute the rice flour without any lumps.
- In the mixture add the jaggery syrup, Mix everything without any lumps.
- Keep the kadai on the stove while continue stirring it.
- Once the mixture starts thickening Add the ghee a little at a time
- Keep on stirring until the mixture thickens and the water evaporated completely. At this point we can see the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Take out the kadai from the stove.
- Pour the mixture to a baking dish and level it properly
- Preheat Oven and bake for 25 min.
- cut and serve
*More taste if you bake in conventional oven by putting glowing coconut shells both on top and bottom of the vessel. It takes minimum 4 hours to get it ready if the right amount of heat is applied.
Courtesy: Mrs. Komalam Vijaykumar