Simple, elegant, healthy. What an awesome side dish for a dinner
- Extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup
- fresh garlic, minced 8 cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (or shallots chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
- 2 pounds thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a large jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion powder, and parsley on medium-low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic mixture is fragrant but not browned.
Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared pan. Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle on the garlic-oil mixture.
Roast for 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus are bright green; do not overcook.
Transfer to a platter and serve hot.