The slow cooked meat should ideally fall off the bone for the perfect Daal Gosht.
• 1 Cup daal
• 1 kg Meat
• Salt to taste
• 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
• 2 Onions sliced
• 1 tbsp Ginger paste
• 2 tbsp Garlic paste
• 2 tsp Coriander powder
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Red chili powder
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Coriander leaves to garnish
• Boil the daal, meat with salt and 2 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker till the daal is soft.
• In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the onions till golden brown.
• Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for a minute.
• Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili and garam masala powder and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
• Add the daal-meat mixture to this masala and mix well.
• Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Take off from the fire, add lime juice, stir well and garnish with coriander leaves.
• Daal Gosht is ready.