- Refined flour – 2 cup (250 grams)
- Oil – 1/4 cup (60 grams)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Paneer – 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Capsicum – 1 (finely minced)
- Green coriander – 3 to 4 tbsp (finely minced)
- Mango powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (Grated)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Take refined flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 pinch baking soda, 1/4 tsp carom seeds, 1/4 cup oil and mix all ingredients really well. Add water little by little and knead dough. Cover it with a moist cloth and let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, heat 1 tsp oil in a wok and add finely chopped green chilly, ginger paste, finely minced capsicum, salt, 1 tsp mango powder and cook on low flame
- Now add grated paneer, red chilly powder and mix well. Stuffing is ready, turn off the flame and take out the stuffing in a plate. Add some green coriander as well.
- When the mixture is cool add grated mozzarella cheese.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and mix to the stuffing when it cools down. Stuffing for kachori is ready.
- Take the dough, flatten it to give it a shape of a bowl. Place 1 to 2 tsp stuffing over this and close very nicely. Kachori is stuffed well. The kachoris should be rolled very gently, keeping it thick. Likewise prepare rest of the kachoris as well.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Put the kachori very gently in medium hot oil for frying. Place 3 to 4 or as many kachoris as possible in the oil. When the kachoris puff up and float on the surface, turn the sides and fry until they get golden brown in color from all sides, evenly.
- Take out the fried ones on a plate with absorbent paper. Serve these kachoris with tomato chutney, green coriander chutney or tomato sauce and relish eating.