- Masala powder:
- Aniseeds – 4 tsp
- Green cardamom – 6 nos
- Cloves- 10 nos
- Cinnamon – 4 pieces
- Mace flower -1 no
- Nutmeg- 1 small piece
- Beef Masala
- Beef- 2 kg
2.Coconut sliced and chopped to small pieces- 1 coconut or 1/2coconut
- Red chili powder -4 table spoon
- Coriander powder-3 table spoon
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Masala powder-3/4 tsp
- Onion – 5 nos chopped
- Tomato ripe- 2 nos ( is too sour 1 no will be enough)
7.Pepper freshly ground – 2 table spoon
- Aniseeds-1 table spoon
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Garlic- 2 bulb
- Green chili – 10 nos( slit) can increase according to spiciness
- curry leaves- 10 stalk
- Salt to taste.
- Masala powder-Ingredients under Masala Powder dry roast this separately and powder it and keep it in a closed bottle.
- For preparing Beef:
- Wash the beef and cut to medium sized cubes and drain it well.
- In a deep vessel add 2 table of chili powder, 2 table spoon of coriander powder, ½ tsp of turmeric powder, coconut pieces, half of the garam masala taken , half of the crushed ginger and garlic, 5 green chili, little pepper powder, 3 stalk of curry leaves, salt to taste. Mix it well with hands and put in the cooker and cook it for 3 whistle.
- Once done check if there is too much liquid, if so drain it into separate cup.
- Heat a wide pan add coconut oil- 2-3 table spoon. Add the aniseeds and let it sputter, add curry leave 2 stalk, and remaining crushed ginger and garlic and mix well.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it is golden brown colour, add remaining chili, coriander, turmeric and mix till raw smell leaves.
- Add the tomato and mix well and cover and cook in low flame till it is pulpy. When the oil separates add the beef and mix well add 1 table spoon oil if necessary. Check the salt
- Add the pepper powder, curry leaves and fry till attains a deep brown colour.
Before removing from the stove add the garam masala, little pepper powder and curry leaves and mix well. Yummy Beef Ullurthu is ready to serve.