- Puttu Podi (Roasted rice flour/or wheat flour)- 2 cup
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Warm water- ¾ cups
For Earachi masala
- Onion-1 No
- Ripe Tomato- 1 No
- Chicken/Mutton/Beef- I took chicken keema 1 pkt
- Green chili (1No) Ginger & garlic crushed- ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala- ¼ tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder-3/4 tsp
- Pepper- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves chopped
- Coriander leaves chopped -1table spoon
- Oil- 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Take a pan, add little oil, add the crushed ginger garlic and chili and fry for few minutes. Add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown. Add the chili powder, coriander powder, pepper and saute till the raw smell leaves. Add the chopped tomato and let it cook. Add the Chicken keema, salt and mix well. Add ¼ cup water and let it cook. Let all the water in it evaporate. Add chopped little coriander leaves and keep it aside.
- Take the puttu flour, add 2 table spoon of coconut and ½ tsp salt and sprinkle water time to time and mix well we need to just moist the flour. The right consistency of the puttu is, if we press together the mixture in our fist it should hold together and retain the shape of a oval shape of the fist. If lumps are formed put into a processor and blend it few minutes. Let the puttu mixture rest .
- Take the Puttu vessel the long one or the coconut shell shaped. We will layer the puttu.
First layer put 1 tsp of grated coconut, second layer the 1 table spoon of chicken mixture above it and third layer the moist rice powder. Repeat it till the whole vessel is filled.
- Heat the puttu vessel or cooker (which ever you use to steam) keep on it and steam the puttu.
- Serve it hot as breakfast or dinner.
We can make the masala with egg, vegetables, or even roasted banana ( shallow fried in ghee and caramelized with little sugar)