Healthy spinach idlis which are so fluffy and colorful will be a great start for your baby. It taste so yummy and is very nutritious for your baby. Spinach Idlis is will be slightly green in color with tons of health benefits in them.
This is one of the easy way to include spinach in your kid’s diet. They will never find it and still they will enjoy eating green idlis.
Idli Batter – 1 cup (check out our recipe for idli batter)
Spinach Puree – 3 tblsp
Ghee or oil as needed
Natural honey/crushed jaggery for sweetness
1. To make Spinach puree
1.1 Take 3 cups of spinach and wash well in running water.
1.2 Take it in a sauce pan, add ½ cup of water and cook for 5 mins.
1.3 Cool it and grind it to a smooth paste.
1.4 Store it in an air tight container in fridge for 3 to 4 days.
1.5 You can use mix spinach puree with rice, kichadis, dosa batter or chapathi as variation and give it your babies. Then will enjoy it.
2. Mix batter with spinach puree.
3. Grease some idli plates with a little oil. Pour spoonful of batter into each mould and place it over the steamer. Cover and steam for 7 to 8 mins
4. Grease fluffy idlis with ghee.
5. Serve the idlis. You can add honey or crushed jaggery for sweetness. My baby has sweet tooth so I mash the idlis with honey and feed him.
1. After having this spinach idlis your baby’s potty may be green in colour. Don’t get panic seeing that you baby is alright. It is because of the spinach.