- ½ cup rice
- 3tablespoon toor dal
- 2tablespoon beetroot finely chopped
- one pinch of turmeric powder
- One pinch of cumin seeds
- One pinch asafetida/hing powder
- Garlic finely chopped– 2 optional
- Wash the rice and dal in water.
- In a pressure cooker, add the Rice, Dal, beetroot, Garlic, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and Hing.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook till 5 whistles on high flame
- After the steam is released, add ghee and serve.
- For babies above one year old, you can add salt to it.
- After having this kichadi your baby’s potty may be red in colour. Don’t get panic it is due to the beetroot consumption.