- 1.Raw Rice- 2 ½ cups
- 2. Poha (thick variety) 1 cup
- 3. Laban up (Buttermilk/ Mooru)- 2 small pkt or 3 glass of buttermilk
- 4. Uluva (fenugreek-Methi) – ½ table spoon
- 5. Salt to taste.
- Wash the raw rice, poha, fenugreek (uluva) and drain the water.
- Place it in a clean vessel and add to it 2 labanup packet or 3 glass of buttermilk and mix well. Cover this vessel with a lid. No need to add water.
- This mixture should be kept around 48 hrs. Just shake it up in between.
- After 48 hrs, grind this mixture along with required salt. Let it rest for 1 hrs. We will notice the batter will nicely ferment and rise. If the batter is too thick add little water. This batter will be thicker than normal dosa batter and more like Idli batter.
- Heat a dosa griddle (tava) take the batter in a ladle and spread the batter into a medium size thick dosa with a light hand as we need sponge consistency dosa. As we pour the batter, we can notice a lot of pores appearing on the dosa. Add a tsp of oil on top and rim of the dosa.
- Cover this dosa with a lid and let it cook in slow fire.
- We need not flip the dosa or press the dosa. The Bottom side of the dosa will become nice light brown colour. It looks like a sponge with lot of big and small pores.
- You can put urad dal chutney (Melaga podi )powder over it with little oil and have this dosa or with any chutney/ Sambar.
- Preparation Method
1. Other than laban no water is to be added.