- 1. Raw Rice – 2 cups
- 2. Boiled Rice (Matta) – 2 cups
- 3. Urad Dal – 2 cups
- 4. Fenugreek seeds (uluva) – 2 tsp
- 5. Oil as required ( mix equal amount of ghee and sesame oil)
- 5. Salt to taste
- 1. Wash and soak the rice, urad dal and uluva seed in enough water for 6-8 hrs
- 2. Grind it into a batter of smooth yet grainy consistency, add salt and leave it to ferment overnight or for
8 hrs. To check the consistency, dip a spoon into the batter, the batter will coat the spoon thickly.
- 3. Take a pan place it on the stove, coat the pan think film of oil with the help of paper towel and heat the pan to medium heat, sprinkle the pan with little water and clean out with a paper towel. The pan is ready to prepare dosa.
- 4. Take a ladle of batter and put it on to the centre of pan and spread the batter in a circular motion roughly
about 8-9 inches thin circle.
- 5. Take a spoon of oil and drizzle the oil over the surface and at the edges of the dosa. If you need a thin crispy dosa, take spatula and press the dosa and let it cook in low heat. Flip the dosa once the upper surface is cooked.
- 6. When the other side get cooked, you can fold in a semi-circle .
- 7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas and serve it on a plate with chutney or sambar.