1. Vegetables Mixed 1 Kg
(Normally Drumsticks, Vallarikka, Ladies Finger, Yam, Pumpkin, Beans, Carrots, Potatoes etc. are used
2. Yellow Dal 200 gm (1 small glass)
3. Sambar Powder 3 big table spoons
4. Onion 1 big (cut into big slices)
5. Turmeric Powder ½ tsp.
6. Tamarind (Puli/Imli) 1 small ball (keep in warm water to get puree)
7. Salt As required
1. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
2. Methi seeds ½ tsp
3. Chillie 6 Nos. (round or long)
4. Curry leaves 1 spring
- Pressure cook dal, onion, turmeric and salt with enough water. Give 3 to 4 whistles, so that dal will cook nicely but not too much.
- Add all vegetables (except Ladies finger) + Sambar powder + Imli and give 1 whistle.
- Tadka with mustard seeds, methi seeds, chillies + curry leaves- Add Ladies Finger and fry little.
- Click here to know how to make sambar powder. If homemade sambar powder not available you can use any brands of sambar powder easily available now a days in all stores