- 1. Mango pulp – 4 cups (Cut and blend in a Blender or Mixi)
- 2. Ghee – ½ cup
- 3. Jaggery/ sugar – ½ kg
- 4. Water – Enough to melt jaggery
- 5. Almonds – ¼ cup
- 6. Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- 7. Cashew nuts – ½ cup
- To make a Jaggery /sugar syrup- Add little water just to melt in a pan and add jaggery.
- Heat ghee in a pan and once it melts, add mango pulp and jiggery syrup
- Heat up the mango pulp stirring continuously. Keep stirring till it gets thickened.
- Mix well till the mixture is thickened. This process may take around 45-50 minutes..
- Once it moves into a single mass and separates from the pan.
- Lastly add broken cashew nuts, almonds, cardamom powder into the mixture prepared to garnish if you wish (Optional). I personally do not like to add anything to keep the mango taste unique.
- Pour this mixture onto a tray with ghee and allow cooling for 2 to 3 hours and cut them into desired shapes.
Mango halwa is unique in taste, very appealing and delectable. Do try this and am sure you will keep making it often. Enjoy making this dish.